College of Medicine and Healing Arts is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and complying with the principles of the GDPR. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us through your use of our website, forms or mailing list, will be processed by us. We are committed to processing information about you fairly and transparently.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
When someone visits www.collegeofmedicineandhealingarts.org.uk or www.CoMHA.org.uk we use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics then Google provides a browser add-on that allows a user to opt-out of receiving Google Analytics cookies.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
Depending on the services you interact with, we may hold the following personal data on you:
– E-mail addresses
– Telephone number
– Encrypted Credit Card details (kept by Stripe, our payment processor)
– Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access using cookies.
– General communication we may have with you
– Marketing Preferences
– Relationships, including organisations, affiliations and referrals
– Information on your social media profiles where you follow us
– Data acquired by third parties
We collect personal information from you when you register on our site or enter information on our site or online forms.
We will use all the information provided to build a profile of you to be used in delivering our services. We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a form, survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
– To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
– To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
– To administer an online course, contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
– To ask you for ratings and reviews of services or products.
– To follow up with you after correspondence.
– For administration.
– For marketing.
– For responding to queries.
– For our payment processors to process secure payments (see next section).
– For general statistics and research.
– For making sure the website is working properly.
– For any legal purpose.
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer at dataprotection (at) CoMHA.org.uk.
When you subscribe to our mailing list, we collect personal information. We use that information for a number of reasons: to tell you about things you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our news and announcements to our mailing list. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our communication with you. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at dataprotection (at) CoMHA.org.uk.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We only collect your e-mail address if you give it to us by submitting it on our website, online forms or mailing list sign-up. We collect your email address in order to:
– Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
– Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at dataprotection (at) CoMHA.org.uk
Upon your request, we will promptly remove you according to your preferences.
College of Medicine and Healing Arts
446 East Park Road
dataprotection (at) CoMHA.org.uk
Updated 9th May 2018